News & Announcements
The Utah Department of Transportation has a web site for local residents, businesses and visitors interested in the ...
Kanab, Utah Administration
Kanab City Fire Department
76 North Main
Kanab, Utah 84741
Kanab City Fire Department was created in May of 1949. Over the duration of the past fifty years the Kanab City Fire Department has evolved into an All Hazards Department. Not only do we fight fires, we also perform Extrication, Hazmat, Business Inspections, Pre-Planning of buildings, and Fire Code enforcement.
The Kanab Fire Department has two fire stations within Kanab City limits.
Main station located at 601 S 100 E.
This station houses:
- Two Engines
- Two type 6 water tenders
- One brush truck
- Wild land/support engine.
- Two ambulances.
Equipment located at the Main Station:
- Engine-21 is our main engine; it is a 2008 American Lafrance Liberty. This is our first engine out, which carries all of the fire suppression equipment.
- Engine-22 is a 1999 American Lafrance Fl-80. This engine holds all of our Rescue and Extrication equipment.
- Next is our type 6 water tenders,
- Brush-21 is a 1979 Am General 2 '/2 ton truck. It holds 1200 Gallons of water and is used as a mobile water supply for our smaller brush trucks.
- Brush-24 is also an Am General 2 1/2 ton truck but only has 900 Gallons of water and is used more as a quick attack for wild land fires.
- Brush-22 it is a 1986 1 ton Chevy with a 250 gallon skid unit. Finally
- Support-21 is a 2002 F-450; this truck serves two purposes for us. First, it is our first out wild land engine. Second, it has all of our rehab supplies on board for all other incidents.
- 2004 F-350 command truck which is used as the Chiefs primary response vehicle, and also used to pull the Hazmat trailer.
Ranchos station located on Powell Drive.
This station houses:
- One Brush truck
- One Hazmat Operation Trailer
Equipment located at the Ranchos Station:
- Brush-23, a 1978 Dodge 1 ton holds 250 gallons of water.
- The Hazmat Trailer contains all of our Hazardous Materials equipment. This trailer is part of the Southwest Regional Response Team which is a five county region wide team.
Currently, KFD has 23 people on staff and are as follows:
- Assistant Chief
- 6 Captains
- 15 Firefighters.
The department meets every Thursday at 1900 hours for training and business. They train effectively and efficiently to be the most professional department that they can be. The department currently has an ISO rating of 5 which is the best rating that a volunteer department can accomplish. We owe this to constant hard work and dedication to the department and its faculty.
For questions or other information, feel free to contact the fire cheif or any of the Fire Department members.