To apply for or renew a Kanab City Business License, print and complete the Kanab City Business License Application (PDF).
A valid Kanab City business license is required for all businesses that are providing a service within the Kanab City limits. A business license is the means whereby Kanab City grants permission to engage in a business activity at a specific location within the City.
9-01-020 Business Definition
The act of employees rendering services to employers shall not be included in such terms unless otherwise specifically prescribed. To engage in any activity or business means:
- Operating, keeping, conducting, or maintaining a vacation rental dwelling
- Sale of tangible personal property at retail or wholesale
- Manufacturing of goods
- Rendering of services to others for a consideration, and includes (as examples, and not by way of limitation):
- Persons engaged in trades and crafts
- Professionals, including doctors, lawyers, accountants and dentists
- Real estate agents
- Retail merchants
- Savings and loan associations
The purpose of a business license is to regulate and license businesses providing a service within the limits of Kanab City; to determine if businesses are operating within applicable laws and ordinances; to maintain a safe environment for the general public; and to assure that zoning, building, and fire codes are enforced.
Obtaining a License
Obtaining a business license in Kanab City begins by submitting a Business License Application. This application and any applicable fees must be submitted in person to the Kanab City Office at 26 N 100 East.
For seasonal and other temporary uses (fireworks, Christmas tree lot, etc.) a Temporary Use Permit must also be obtained.
Door to Door sales, or Solicitors, need to fill out a Solicitor's Application and a Back Ground Check Release form.